Wolf armor is an item made from Armadillo Scute that arrived in Minecraft 1.21 and can be equipped on wolves to provide protection against damage.
Making wolf armor
To make wolf armor in Minecraft you’ll simply need to collect 6 Armadillo Scute by brushing it with a paintbrush.
Only tamed adult wolves can wear armor.
Protection and durability
- Using wolf armor on a wolf that the player has tamed enables the armor to be fitted to the wolf.
- Wolf armor offers the wolf the same protection as horse armor, with an armor value of 11 (🛡 × 5.5).
- When the owner uses shears on a wolf wearing armor, the armor is de-equipped from the wolf.
- If a wolf dies while equipped with wolf armor, the armor is dropped.
- Unlike player armor, wolf armor has no durability. This means that wolf armor can be used indefinitely if it is not destroyed.