There are many texture packs available to change the visual appearance of Minecraft, whether to make the game more detailed or to make it look like other games. This tutorial will allow you to easily install all the texture packs you want.
Previously it was necessary to use a tool like MCPatcher. Nowadays this is no longer useful as Minecraft supports HD textures and the resource pack installation system has been greatly simplified.
This guide works for Minecraft 1.12, 1.13, 1.14, 1.15, 1.16 and 1.17.
Installing a resource pack with the “simple” method
The so-called “simple” method is possible since a button is available directly from the Minecraft menu to open the folder containing the resource packs.
How to install Minecraft a texture pack under Windows.
Total Time: 3 minutes
Download the texture pack
You can find resource packs on our site or on curseforge for example
Copy the downloaded .zip file
It should be in your “download” folder or where you downloaded it.
As you would normally do
Go to the “Resources packs” menu (Options … > Resource packs)
If you play in English the name will be “Resource Packs”.
Click on ” Open the Packs folder “.
A window will open displaying the folder containing the texture packs.
Copy the downloaded .zip file into the opened folder.
By doing CTRL + V or by dragging it into the folder
The icon should appear in your taskbar
Your texture pack now appears in the list
If you have followed the previous steps of course
Select the resource pack and click “Done”.
Your pack is installed, you can play Minecraft!
- Download the pack, you should get a .zip file.
- Open the folder where the .zip file is located.
- Copy it.
- Launch Minecraft.
- Enter the “Resources Packs” menu.
- Click on “Open resources pack folder”. This will open a window to the resource pack folder.
- Paste the .zip file into this folder.
- Go back to Minecraft, the pack should be in the “Resources Packs” menu, you can select it by clicking on it and then click “Done”.
- Download the resource pack you want.
- Do not unzip the resource pack, just move the .zip file to the Minecraft resource pack folder (which should be in /Users/Your Name/Library/Application Support/minecraft/resourcepacks).
- Launch Minecraft and log in.
- In the main menu go to “Resource Packs”.
- Select your new resource pack and click “Done”.