If you do not know if your computer is powerful enough to run Minecraft, it is strongly recommended that you try the demo before buying it.
A computer with the minimum system requirements should be able to read Minecraft: Java Edition. However, for an optimal experience, please consider the recommended requirements.
- CPU: Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz / AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU (integrated): Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Ivy Bridge) or AMD Radeon R5 series (Kaveri line) with OpenGL 4.4 *
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce 400 series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series with OpenGL 4.4
- Hard Disk: at least 1 GB for the game core, cards and other files
- OS :
- Windows: Windows 7 and higher
- macOS: any 64-bit OS X using 10.9 Maverick or higher
- Linux: all modern 64-bit distributions from 2014 onwards
- Internet connectivity is required to download Minecraft files, after which offline playback is possible.
- CPU: APU 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5-4690 / AMD A10-7800 or equivalent
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: GeForce 700 Series or AMD Radeon Rx 200 Series (excluding embedded chipsets) with OpenGL 4.5
- Hard Disk: 4 GB (SSD is recommended)
- Operating system (64-bit recommended):
- Windows: Windows 10
- macOS : macOS 10.12 Sierra
- Linux: all modern distributions from 2014 onwards
- Minecraft Release 1.6 or later. Older versions will need to be updated with current versions.
- Please note that some users experience difficulties playing Minecraft when using an incompatible version of Java for their operating system (32 or 64 bits), when using certain versions of Java 7 or when installing multiple versions of Java.
- Starting with Minecraft 1.12, Java 8 will be required to run Minecraft. If you don’t know if you have Java 8, don’t worry, our installers provide Minecraft with its own version of Java by default.
A stable Internet connection is required for Minecraft to download game files, authenticate usernames, and connect to multiplayer servers.
Minecraft will not work on a toaster (even if some use Java), your car (feel free to prove us wrong), Windows RT tablets or a Chromebook.
Information on the system requirements for running a Minecraft server is available on the Minecraft wiki.
Also to be read : How to take a screenshot in Minecraft ?