If you do not know if your computer is powerful enough to run Minecraft, it is strongly recommended that you try the demo before buying it. and it as the minecraft system requirements.
A computer with the minimum system requirements should be able to read Minecraft: Java Edition. However, for an optimal experience, please consider the recommended requirements.
Minimum Minecraft PC requirements
- CPU: Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz / AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU (integrated): Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Ivy Bridge) or AMD Radeon R5 series (Kaveri line) with OpenGL 4.4 *
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce 400 series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series with OpenGL 4.4
- Hard Disk: at least 1 GB for the game core, cards and other files
- OS :
- Windows: Windows 7 and higher
- macOS: any 64-bit OS X using 10.9 Maverick or higher
- Linux: all modern 64-bit distributions from 2014 onwards
- Internet connectivity is required to download Minecraft files, after which offline playback is possible.
Recommended Minecraft PC requirements
- CPU: APU 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5-4690 / AMD A10-7800 or equivalent
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: GeForce 700 Series or AMD Radeon Rx 200 Series (excluding embedded chipsets) with OpenGL 4.5
- Hard Disk: 4 GB (SSD is recommended)
- Operating system (64-bit recommended):
- Windows: Windows 10
- macOS : macOS 10.12 Sierra
- Linux: all modern distributions from 2014 onwards
- Minecraft Release 1.6 or later. Older versions will need to be updated with current versions.
- Please note that some users experience difficulties playing Minecraft when using an incompatible version of Java for their operating system (32 or 64 bits), when using certain versions of Java 7 or when installing multiple versions of Java.
- Starting with Minecraft 1.12, Java 8 will be required to run Minecraft. If you don’t know if you have Java 8, don’t worry, our installers provide Minecraft with its own version of Java by default.
A stable Internet connection is required for Minecraft to download game files, authenticate usernames, and connect to multiplayer servers.
Minecraft will not work on a toaster (even if some use Java), your car (feel free to prove us wrong), Windows RT tablets or a Chromebook.
Information on the system requirements for running a Minecraft server is available on the Minecraft wiki.
Also to be read : How to take a screenshot in Minecraft ?