The “Wild Update” or Minecraft 1.19 has officially been announced for June 7, 2022 by Mojang !
Mojang Studios has been working in tandem with the Minecraft community to develop the Wild Update for Minecraft, the next update. The Wild Update will bring many new features and content to Minecraft, and it is just around the corner!
Mojang Studios has announced that Minecraft 1.19 “The Wild Update” will be officially released on June 7, 2022, ending months of development and testing via snapshots. When it arrives, The Wild Update will add a ton of new features to Minecraft, including:
Two new biomes:
- Mangrove Swamps, featuring new mangrove trees and roots, mud blocks, frogs and froglight blocks.
- The Abyss, buried deep underground, which features sculk blocks: sculk howler, sculk sensor and sculk catalyst and new Abyss City structures.
Four new creatures:
- Tadpoles and Frogs, which grow from frog eggs, come in different varieties depending on the temperature of the biome they live in, eat tiny slime blocks, and produce froglight blocks.
- The Allay, which collects items similar to the one it holds, attaches to notepads and, in short, is a friendly companion for any player.
- The Warden, who hide in the Abyss and attack players who make too much noise. Wardens are powerful enemies, with crushing physical attacks and a sonic bang ranged attack.
To learn more about what you’ll be able to find, stop by and read our Minecraft 1.19 content article.
The Wild Update is shaping up to be an excellent release despite the removal of a creature that some players had been waiting for: fireflies. Indeed, fireflies being toxic to frogs, the developers preferred to remove them from the game. When Minecraft 1.19 “The Wild Update” is released on June 7, 2022, it will arrive simultaneously on all Minecraft platforms, including Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, PC, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android.